Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Ingredients for keto lemon cake
- 5 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- ¾ cup GOOD GOOD Sweet Like Sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from one lemon
Ingredients for lemon glazing
- 1 cup Sweet Like Sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Step 1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Step 2. In a medium sized bowl, mix almond flour and baking powder roughly. Keep aside.
Step 3. In a large bowl, beat 5 eggs, add Sweet Like Sugar and whisk. Further add melted butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract and mix until it turns creamy.
Step 3. Now add almond flour mixture little at a time and mix without any lumps. Finally mix in lemon zest and give a quick mix.
Step 4. Pour the lemon cake batter to the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes until the crust turns golden brown color and when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Step 5. Remove the lemon cake from oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
Step 6. Meanwhile prepare the lemon glazing. Powder the Sweet Like Sugar using blender. Transfer it to a medium bowl, mix in lemon juice and combine until creamy and thin to drizzle.
Step 7. Once the cake is cooled, remove it from loaf pan and drizzle with prepared lemon glaze. Slice, serve and enjoy!
- Make sure the ingredients were at room temperature.
- The melted butter should not be hot, since it curdles the eggs in the recipe.
- Do not mix the batter too much, else the texture of the cake will be affected.