Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yields: 3 – 4 servings
Course: Breakfast/ snacks
- 2 cups Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar Strawberry Jam
- ½ cup strawberries (cleaned, hulled & cut into quarters)
Step 1. In a large mixing bowl, add Pancake Mix, along water and vanilla extract, whisk to a smooth batter consistency.
Step 2. Heat a non-stick griddle over medium heat, add a teaspoon of butter and let it melt.
Step 3. Pour ½ cup of pancake batter over heated griddle, cook until golden brown and flip to other side using spatula and let it cook for a minute or so. This pancake should be larger than the regular pancakes.
Step 4. Place a small clean kitchen towel ready over a plate. Once the pancake is cooked, transfer it to the kitchen towel. Gently roll the pancakes along with the towel and let it set for few minutes until the next pancake is ready. (This helps to maintain the shape of rolled pancake!)
Step 5. Repeat the pancakes with remaining batter and follow the same instructions with the kitchen towel.
Step 6. Once the pancake is cool enough to handle, fill the rolled pancakes with Strawberry Jam. Place the rolled pancakes in a plate with strawberries and serve.
- Make the pancakes bigger than the regular size. 8-inch skillet/ griddle should be enough, just use ½ cup of batter and spread a little.
- Use fresh & clean kitchen towel to roll the pancakes.
- This rolling should be done when the pancakes are hot, so that it retains its shape.